- Available online and in person
- Willing to travel 30 miles
Raghu's Bio & Tutoring Experience
Individual one-on-one tutoring for underprivileged students in India August 2002-June 2008
• Designed and taught various high school, middle school and college students on courses such as Accounting, Business Administration, Business Law, Computer Information System Management, Micro and Macro Economics, Math and Communications, Networking, Computer Programming (C, C++, Java and Lisp) and Supply Chain Management.
• Most of the students experienced an immediate jump in their grades and enthusiasm on the subject.
• Conducted conferences with students for each major paper assignment to address individual goals and progress.
• Emphasized research as an on-going process of discovery and growth, encouraging students to see research and inquiry as activities central to daily life. Teach students to conduct research and to critically evaluate the quality of sources.
• Evaluated student writing with an emphasis on skills that are transferable to other classes and contexts.
• Encouraged students to develop the ability to learn on their own.
• Used a variety of online resources in helping students achieve their potential.
• Made learning fun for the students.
Teaching/Training At SWIFT – Culpeper, Virginia August 1986- August 1996
• Designed and taught the functioning of the SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) network for software professionals and management within the company.
Accounting, Business Administration, Business Law, Business Transfer, Computer Information System Management, Compiler Construction, Artificial Intelligence (LISP), Micro and Macro Economics, Entrepreneurship, Education Technology, Math and Communications, Networking and telecommunications, Computer Programming (C, C++, Java and Lisp), Supply Chain Management and Retail Link.
I have an education background and industry work experience in all of the above areas.
|Business:||Quantitative Analysis, Advance Finance, Operations Management, Microeconomics, Marketing, Managerial Economics, Managerial Accounting, Macroeconomics, Intermediate Accounting, Financial Accounting, Business Plans, Business Strategy, Communications, Cost Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Information Systems, Economics, Finance|
|Computers:||Microsoft Outlook, Quicken, Quickbooks, Microsoft XNA, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Silverlight, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Linux, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Acrobat|
|Math:||Probability, Advance Calculator, Trigonometry, Statistics, PreAlgebra, Math Word Problems, Logic, Linear Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic, Algebra|
|Programming:||C, C++, Java|
|Science:||Physics 1 (Newtonian Mechanics), Quantum Mechanics, Physics 3 (Gas Law), Physics 2 (Electricity/Magnetism), Philosophy, General Science|
|Standardized Tests:||ACT Science, ACT English, ACT Math, ACT Reading, GAT (Graduation Assessment Test), GED Mathematics, GED Science, SAT Math, SAT Science, TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language)|
|Study Skills:||Project Management, Test Taking, Time Management|
Raghu's Education & Certifications
MBA in Finance and Marketing (Virginia Tech) - Graduated in 1995
MS in Computer Science (*) *Completed about 70% of the graduation requirement before switching to an MBA program. I did not complete the entire graduation requirement for the
College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai, India
BS in Mechanical Engineering - Graduated in 1982