Last Updated: March 20, 2013
1) Personal Information — LogonTutor may request at times that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, so that we can tailor our product recommendations specifically for you. Such personal information includes any information that may be used to identify you, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, home or other physical address, email address, phone number(s) and other contact information, as well as gender information and information about other physical traits. LogonTutor may request this information when you register on the Site, when you post anything on the Site, or when you provide information in connection with one of LogonTutor’s services, promotional campaigns or other programs.
2) Children’s Privacy — In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, LogonTutor will never knowingly or intentionally collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If LogonTutor obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from the LogonTutor database.
4) Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Information Collected Using Technology.
Cookies — A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. The Site may use “cookie” technology to enhance your experience on the Site by personalizing content, advertisements, and other aspects of Site based on your web browsing history. A cookie will allow LogonTutor to collect information about your online activity, including but not limited to, the links you click, searches you conduct and web sites you visit. You may adjust your web browser’s settings to accept some, all or block cookies. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use many of the features on the Site.
Web Beacons — Web Beacons are graphic images that are placed on a website or in an email that allow LogonTutor to monitor your online activity and determine such things as the time, date, and how long you viewed a website, or if you click a link in an email we send to you.
Other Technology — LogonTutor may also use other standard internet technology to track your use of the Site in order to provide you with content relevant to your lifestyle.
5) Use of information — LogonTutor may use the information we collect on the Site to contact you, customize the Site’s content, fulfill your requests for services, conduct research, or any other legally permissible purpose.
6) Disclosure of Information — LogonTutor does not rent, sell, or share your personal information with others unless we have your permission or one of the following circumstances apply:
LogonTutor may disclose your personal information if it is necessary to provide services you request or to perform services on our behalf.
LogonTutor may disclose your personal information in connection with sharing, selling or licensing your product review to third parties, including information you provided with your review, including screen name, photograph, and any personal information you disclosed in the review.
LogonTutor may disclose your personal information when legally required to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise its legal rights or defend against legal claims.
LogonTutor may disclose your personal information if it is a party to a major business transaction including, but not limited to, a merger, sale, or bankruptcy.
7) Disclosure of Aggregated, Non-Personal Information — LogonTutor may share collected aggregated and non-personal information with third-parties to conduct research, enhance its services, or for any other legally permissible use.
8) Third Party Payment Processing — Payments for tutoring services ordered through the Site are handled by a third party payment processor (a “Third Party Payment Processor”). You agree that Third Party Payment Processors may collect “personally identifiable information” from you, including but not limited to billing information, credit card numbers, expiration dates, security codes, and tracking information from checks or money orders for purposes of processing payment. The handling of such information shall be in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Third Party Payment Processor and not Logon Tutor, which will not have access to it.
10) Information Protection — LogonTutor uses reasonable technical, administrative and physical procedures to safeguard your information.
11) Visitors from Outside of the United States — The Site is headquartered in the United States. Information collected on our Site is subject to United States law, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country.
12) Access to Information — You have the ability to update any personal information that you shared with LogonTutor or delete your account by utilizing the “My Account” section of our Site. Be aware that LogonTutor may retain some of your information to comply with our legal and security obligations.